Disable read/write caching to disk?

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:54:39 -0500
Is it possible to disable all read and write caching to a disk?

I'm playing with the ever so dangerous multiple hosts mounting (rw
and/or ro) the same filesystem over fiber channel.

Also - what exactly are the issues with forcing an unclean filesystem to
mount rw?  I know you could (will?) have data corruption, but on which
data?  Only data that has not been synced to disk?  Any random amount of
data?

Eric

A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.