Re: CURRENT + amd64 + user-ppp = panic

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 00:58:48 +0100
On Wednesday 02 November 2005 23:20, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Max Laier wrote:
> > That brings me back to ln_timer_ch as the culprit.  Could you please
> > build with this patch and get me the console output shortly before the
> > panic?
>
> Here it is: right before panic it prints
>
> For 0xffffff0017531100 -1 ticks
> For 0xffffff0017531100 -1 ticks

This results in two consecutive callout_stop() calls, but shouldn't hurt as
callout_stop is protected against that.

Do you get a dump for this?  Can you compare this pointer to the global
llinfo_nd6 and see if "c" from the softclock() frame is related (or maybe the
previous item in the list TAILQ).

> (with yesterday's GENERIC).

> P.S.
> Oh, incidentally, this (yesterday's) GENERIC plus my usual
> modules (atapicam, snd_ich, {cd9660, ntfs}_iconv and ext2fs) falls at
> mid-boot with "memory modified after free" :-( Non of these modules by
> itself caused any problem.

Let's take this one thing at a time and provide more details for this problem
in a separate thread.  Thanks.

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | mlaier_at_EFnet