Re: Filesystem panic - one hd inaccessable under 6-STABLE

From: Jochen Gensch <incmc_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 22:51:33 +0100
Am Freitag 04 November 2005 22:27 schrieb Bernd Walter:

> If you have the filesystem on a slice (e.g. da0s1) and not a partition
> (e.g. da0s1e) it shouldn't be an UFS one.

I simply use the whole harddrive without subdividing partitions. Why souldn't
that slice be ufs?

> Then check with disklabel da0s1 what partitions you have and use the
> 4.2BSD ones.

disklabel da0s1
# /dev/da0s1:
8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c: 320159322        0    unused        0     0         # "raw" part, don't
edit

As you can see, nothing left. However I don't know what it looked like before.
I was able to mount da0s1 directly, so maybe there wasn't any partition
anyway since I used the entire disk at once (I'm not that used to filesystem
issues)?

Jochen