RE: 3ware 9550sx driver for freeBSD 6 amd64 ??

From: michael meltzer <michaelmeltzer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 18:31:35 -0800 (PST)
Why make it hard on people??? Just add it to GENERIC
and maybe turn on automatic firmware download also?
Their is nothing so flustering than not being able to
load due to raid card. Step one for some people is try
a different OS. and they might not know enough to even
check the support page -mjm

BTW a quick work around is take one on the drives off
the raid(or a spare) and use the motherboard
connection, load the OS, build the driver, boot the
raid and copy the OS over to it and boot into it, the
disk goes back onto the raid as HOT spare. PITA I
know.

PSS. bad user expreance people - Vinod....