Re: 6.0 Release freeze

From: Rafael Caesar Lenzi <rc_lenzi_at_yahoo.com.br>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:34:31 +0000 (GMT)
--- Brian Candler <B.Candler_at_pobox.com> escreveu:
> Well, that's a content-free problem report, and from what you've
> written I can only suggest you have faulty hardware. There is
> helpful information here: http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/
My machine is OK, i run FreeBSD-5.4 and it is very stable.

> If you really think there's a problem with FreeBSD or FreeBSD-6,
> then you'd better tell us in detail what kind of machine you have,
> since believe it or not, a lot of us run FreeBSD and it
> doesn't freeze.
I have Athlon-XP 2400+ with Asus a7n8x-deluxe motherboard, 512mb DDR400
Kingston, 60gb maxtor 7200rpm harddrive

When system boot, in random time, just stop, nothing work, no
mouse, no keyboard, nothing.  this happens in the versions of
FreeBSD-6 beta and rc release.

In FreeBSD-5.4 it is 100% stable.
Only few problems with java, that it restart the machine when run
eclipse and openoffice-2.0 together. I'm have jdk-1.5_1.

Thanks,
Rafael

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis.
Instale o discador agora!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/