Re: Roadmap for v7....

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:29:33 -0700
Eric Schuele wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is a doc which represents the roadmap for
> -current?
>
> I've looked around the Release Engineering pages a bit and found none,
> maybe I missed it.
>
> Incidentally, a shortcut to Release Engineering might be useful on the
> FreeBSD home page.

FreeBSD 7 was discussed in May at BSDCan, and I expect it to be
discussed at EuroBSDCon in a few weeks.  In general, I think that we
are going to continue on the path of promising releases and not
features.  The release date for 7.0 will likely be in mid to late
2007.  As more details are agreed on they will be published, but
again it's important to remember that we got ourselves into big
trouble with 5.x by trying to pack too many features into it.

Scott