Re: Roadmap for v7....

From: Andrew R. Reiter <arr_at_watson.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:52:51 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Scott Long wrote:

:Eric Schuele wrote:
:
:> Hello,
:>
:> I was wondering if there is a doc which represents the roadmap for -current?
:>
:> I've looked around the Release Engineering pages a bit and found none, maybe
:> I missed it.
:>
:> Incidentally, a shortcut to Release Engineering might be useful on the
:> FreeBSD home page.
:>
:
:FreeBSD 7 was discussed in May at BSDCan, and I expect it to be discussed at
:EuroBSDCon in a few weeks.  In general, I think that we
:are going to continue on the path of promising releases and not
:features.  The release date for 7.0 will likely be in mid to late
:2007.  As more details are agreed on they will be published, but
:again it's important to remember that we got ourselves into big
:trouble with 5.x by trying to pack too many features into it.
:

I've read the RE docs before, but don't recall if there's a "Feature
Freeze" date for releases that we plan on?  Might help in organizing
what's expected way before a release date.  Not sure how that idea works
in FreeBSD-developer land, though.

$0.02; Cheers,
Andrew

--