Re: Linking basesystem with additional libraries.

From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:03:42 -0600
On 11/21/05, Wojciech A. Koszek <dunstan_at_freebsd.czest.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any reason why we couldn't have LDADD honored in "buildworld"
> process? If there are no negative implications, I volunteer to do the
> work. I'd find it really useful.

What do you want to link the base system with?

Currently, the base sendmail can be linked with the
security/cyrus-sasl* ports by setting:

#	SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL2
#	SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
#	SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2

in /etc/make.conf.  You could possibly link sendmail with one of the
openldap ports also.  Haven't tried it myself yet.

Note: This may cause a busted sendmail, especially during a major
version upgrade.  A rebuild of the security/cyrus-sasl* port, and
sendmail will fix it.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.