Re: ufsstat - testers / feedback wanted!

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:13:32 +0200
In message <434E46C0.7060903_at_centtech.com>, Eric Anderson writes:
>[resend to -current for broader test audience]
>
>I've just finished the first version of ufsstat, a tool to show local
>filesystem statistics much like nfsstat does for NFS.

I would far to prefer to see a generic method that would work
on all filesystems types, rather than a ufs specific tool.

If you added counting code to the VOP_FOO() expansions, you should
be able to gather statistics for all filesystem types.

The collection could be controlled by a mount option if the impact
is too big.