Re: FreeBSD 6.0-RC1 available

From: Christopher Kelley <bsd_at_kelleycows.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:30:46 -0700
>On Wednesday 12 October 2005 11:02 am, stanley jobson wrote:
>

>>> hi,

>>> will this be corrected for 6-stable?
>>

>Yes.
>
>http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200510092124.j99LOBcs038237
>http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200510122017.j9CKHZTk067708
>
>Jung-uk Kim

I am having a problem installing 6-RC1, that I am wondering if this will
also fix.  It starts to copy from the CD drive, then pretty quickly I get;

    panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: c641e000
    Uptime: 1m44s
    Cannot dump. No dump device defined.
    Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort.

This is a straight install, I'm not running under VMWare (and I haven't
actually a clue what QEMU is), but I don't know if this is something
that might be related.  The addr is different each time.

This is my "beater" machine, an old P233/mmx with only 96megs, but I've
successfully installed various 5.x versions, windows, etc on this
machine.  I've even in the past successfully cvsup'd from 5.4 to 6, just
to see if it would work.

If I need to provide any more info, please let me know.

Christopher