Re: Thoshiba Tecra 8000 with 3com 3CXFE575CT

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:39:43 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <434E538F.80000_at_psam.se>
            Psadi <freebsd_at_psam.se> writes:
: I had decided to try FreeBSD 6.0 on my laptop. After I installed it
: beta4 I recived alot of xl0: watchdog timeout every time I try to use
: the internet.

Interrupts aren't being routed correctly.  You need to fix that.
There's a tiny chance it is in your hardware setup, but since prior
versions work, I'd guess this is the case.  You'll need to save the
dmesg from 6.0 and from 5.4 and compare the too.  Sadly, the Tecra
8000 moniker was used by a lot of different laptops.  Mine just works
w/o any issues.

: At startup I see that I get CARDBUS1: Resource not specified in CIS:
: id=14, size=80

Ignore these.  Generally they are just noise.

: I added in pccard.conf that it should use IRQ 3,5,10,15 though when I
: look it still uses 11

pccard.conf is completely ignored.

: What else can I try or do to get more info for those that needs it?

Put the laptop in my hands, and I'll fix it :-).  Otherwise, we'll
have to start with boot -v dmesgs from working and broken systems.

Warner