Re: Thoshiba Tecra 8000 with 3com 3CXFE575CT

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:06:14 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <43541A46.2050705_at_psam.se>
            Psadi <freebsd_at_psam.se> writes:
: M. Warner Losh skrev:
:
: >: When I start it outside and then connect the card it will detect and
: >: configure it correctly.
: >
: >OK.  This is a HUGE clue.  One that shouldn't be overlooked :-).  What
: >it is telling me is that FUNCTION interrupts aren't getting through,
: >but STATUS interrupts ARE getting through.  I'll have to go re-read my
: >two TOPIC data sheets to make sure, but I think that the TOPIC chips,
: >especially the older ones, have a number of knobs for function
: >interrupts that are not in the standard bridge chipset.
: >
: >Please refresh my recollection: Did this used to work with 5.4?  IIRC,
: >I did some work to fix o2 micro hangs that disabled the function
: >interrupts during card insertion by routing them via IRQ 1 (which the
: >o2micro actually doesn't route, so they just disappear).  Maybe that
: >work around had bad effects for the TOPIC95B that you have?
: >
: >Warner
: >
: >
: >
: >
: I have no problem with the network when I run FreeBSD 5.4. I have no
: watchdog timeouts. And I can cvsup the source and ports without any problem.
:
: As a side not ACPI was disable when I tested if it detected the network
: card or not when I inserted it. Though since I didnt notice any diffrent
: when it was on or off I dont think it has any impact. I did do this test
: earlier before you asked but then I just didnt think it was relevant. Of
: this I know it works with ACPI on also since I was running with ACPI
: when I tried it.

Do you have a second network card, 32- or 16-bits, that you can test
this with also?  We need to preclude xl driver bustage in general, or
specific to your submodel as well.

Warner