Re: cannot get IP when auth with wpa_supplicant + ath0 driver (Joe Love)

From: Joe Love <joe_at_getsomewhere.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:05:06 -0500
Jochen Gensch wrote:

>>The problem I'm having is that after the connection is established (it
>>seems to authenticate just fine), I cannot get a response to any dhcp
>>requests.
>>

>I can confirm this behavior. Even though I'm using a Netgear 624 with
>WPA-PSK, my connection seems to come up fine, but breaks down after a
>few seconds and I get similar debugging output. The strangest thing is,
>I have used a D-Link DWL-AG650 (which uses the same chipset) before, and
>that one worked pretty fine. Maybe this is a 108 Mbit problem?
>
>Jochen

I've had similar issues with a linksys wpc11, which uses the wi driver.
There may be further issues with that card which prevent it being a
valid argument for this issue.  The network I'm connecting to also does
not support 108mbit; it only supports 802.11b & g.  The reason for the
particular card was that I could pick one up easily, that was listed in
the freebsd hardware support list.

I can also confirm that this card & that wpa_supplicant file do work
fine under windows XP (I dual boot).

Sam Leffer suggested I provide some further information - a 802.11 dump
and ifconfig status - and I will make that available briefly.

Thanks for confirming that I'm not alone here.
-Joe