Re: FreeBSD on IBM blade servers

From: Rainer Duffner <rainer_at_ultra-secure.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:20:05 +0200
Arun Raman wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Had anyone successfully installed FreeBSD (any version) on a IBM blade server?

I would love to run it on our LS 20 BladeCenter blades (Dual Core, Dual
Opteron).
But we don't have local disks, only SAN.
And FreeBSD totally lacks multipathing and failover-support for the
integrated Qlogic card (or just about any FC-card).

So, this is one more place where I can say "Goodbye" to FreeBSD and
"Hello" to RHEL.

I found an old posting from Pavel J. Dawidek, claiming to have written a
complete MP-solution (GEOM_ROME):
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-geom/2004-January/000064.html
But it seemed to be "closed source" back then - I wonder what the status
is nowadays.

cheers,
Rainer