SMP, device polling, em performance, etc.. on 6.0-rc1

From: ke.han <ke.han_at_redstarling.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:34:15 +0800
hello list...
PLEASE HELP!!!  I would greatly appreciate any experienced
recommendation for choosing a motherboard for optimal 6.0-rc1 usage.
I need to buy a motherboard (tomorrow...as I've been researching for 2
weeks and my head is spinning from reading maillists).

I need a motherboard which is supported well by freeBSD 6-rc1 drivers in
regards to SMP and ethernet (including polling..extremely important!!).

I have been reading on performance issues with various ethernet
controllers and find lots of problems popping up (throughput and polling
with SMP kernels).
For example, this thread from freebsd-performance shows the em driver is
trouble and SMP is not supported for polling (2004 posting in regards to
freeBSD 5.3).