Re: Default route doesn't change to wireless device (ath0)

From: Jochen Gensch <incmc_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:03:39 +0200
Am Freitag 02 September 2005 03:52 schrieben Sie:

> The issue is that start_if.ath0 always runs at boot or when
> you insert the card, but not when you get a lease.  If you want to take
> an action when you get a lease, you need to do it in the dhclient hooks.

I cannot manage to get ath0 up properly. If dhclient doesn't change the
default route again, once a device got it one should be able to do it by
hand. So when I bootet the system was running on fxp0. Then I did the
followiing:

SU NB /:route -n flush -inet
default              10.0.0.1             done
10.0.0.104           127.0.0.1            done
[REMOVED network cable from fxp0]
[Pluged in wireless nic ath0]
SU NB /:ping i-mc.de
PING i-mc.de (213.203.199.12): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: No route to host
^C
--- i-mc.de ping statistics ---
[OK, routes have not been corrected yet]
SU NB /:route add default 10.0.0.1
route: writing to routing socket: File exists
add net default: gateway 10.0.0.1: File exists
[Why does that route sitll exist, it has been deleted above]
SU NB /:ping i-mc.de
^C
SU NB /:route delete default
delete net default
SU NB /:route add default 10.0.0.1
add net default: gateway 10.0.0.1
SU NB /:ping i-mc.de
^C

I cannot set the routes to ath0 once fxp0 was active. I guess I must still be
misunderstandung what you guys are saying / doing.

Jochen