FreeBSD 6.0-BETA4 Available

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:32:00 -0600
Announcement
------------

The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is pleased to announce the
availability of FreeBSD 6.0-BETA4.

ISO images are available for i386, amd64, pc98, alpha, powerpc, and
ia64 architectures.  sparc64 is still in the process of being built
and will be uploaded as soon as it is ready.

We encourage people to help with testing so any final bugs can be
identified and worked out.  If you have an older system you want to
update using the normal CVS/cvsup source based upgrade the branch tag to
use is RELENG_6 (though that will change for the Release Candidates
later).  Problem reports can be submitted using the send-pr(1) command.

The list of open issues and things still being worked on are on the
todo list:

	http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/todo.html

Since this is the first release of a new branch we only have a rough
idea for some of the dates.  The current rough schedule is available
but most dates are still listed as "TBD - To Be Determined":

	http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/schedule.html

Known Issues

Other than the items listed in the todo list there are no known
issues with this BETA.

Availability

The BETA3 ISOs are available on most of the FreeBSD Mirror sites.  A list
of the mirror sites is available here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors-ftp.html

Thanks,
Scott