Re: Sound related LOR on 6.0-BETA4

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 07:27:16 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

Hi,

> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:14:15PM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> > Sure, although when this was suggested before, some people were concerned
> > about putting an URL to a non-FreeBSD site into the message.
>
> There workaround for this is quite easy:
> - put a web page somewhere on freebsd.org, for example:
>    http://people.freebsd.org/~someguy/lor.html

yeah like s,someguy,bz, and there'll be no need for any of the
next steps;)

I don't want URLs in the kernel printf.
I don't know what I said the first days before all this started
but today you can find references everywhere like:

* in the FAQ
* in the mailing list archives (almost one report every 2nd day atm)
* with your favorite searchomat like Y! or G
  ("lock order reversal" + 'You are feeling lucky';)

It's like with every other problem: either check what's the state of
it before posting or post and wait for people to tell you.