Re: watch: Snoop stopped due to tty close

From: Josh Carroll <josh.carroll_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:42:10 -0700
I've noticed the same thing, so you're not alone. I'm running
6.0-BETA3 here. Trying watch -c just results in a blank screen
(assumedly connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting constantly). While
running watch -c, I do see the device nodes getting created, which is
proper since devfs creates them on the fly:

crw-------    1 root     wheel      9, 129 Aug 28 22:56 /dev/snp0

I'm not sure what additional information the devs might want, but I've
attached a ktrace for watch (ktrace -d -i -f watch.trace watch ttyp1).
Hope that helps. You will want to unix2dos it if viewing in FreeBSD.

Regards,
Josh