Re: [releng_6] mpt(4) Memory modified after free panic

From: Pawel Worach <pawel.worach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:31:03 +0200
On 9/27/05, Kris Kennaway <kris_at_obsecurity.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 11:55:53PM +0200, Pawel Worach wrote:
> > Trying to use a mpt controller with only one disk attached so it's not
> > possible to configure a RAID-1 volume.
> > Trying to boot 6.0-BETA1 install cd results in this panic. Should it
> > possible to use a single disk behind an mpt(4) with the updated driver? This
> > configuration works fine on 5.4.
>
> You should retry with 6.0-BETA5 - dozens of bugs have been fixed since
> then.  If it persists, you should set up DEBUG_MEMGUARD to watch the
> M_BUS malloc type..this requires some minor source file editing and a
> kernel recompile (you can build it on e.g. 5.4).

False alarm, BETA5 with WITNESS and INVARIANTS re-enabled works just fine.
BETA1 was the only thing I had handy the first time and since mpt(4)
was unchanged I thought it would still be broken, I'll try to think
less next time :)
For future reference, how do I get hold of the M_BUS malloc type in
kern_malloc.c ?

--
Pawel