Re: ATA/DMA problem after reboot

From: Anish Mistry <mistry.7_at_osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:27:26 -0400
On Wednesday 28 September 2005 03:03 pm, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> one of my boxes running FreeBSD 6.0-BETA5 experiences the problem
> described below.  I must add that this box never ran something else
> than FreeBSD, and I've been seeing this since the beginning, back
> to FreeBSD 5.x.

Have you updated to the lastest RELENG_6?  I had a problem with a
system I just installed last night where the 6.0-BETA5 iso wouldn't
detect the acd0 drive and various other ata issues, so I installed
5.3 and cvsup'ed to the latest RELENG_6 and it worked fine.  I also
disabled APIC in the BIOS, but I'm not sure if that did anything.

--
Anish Mistry