To compare hostap-client mode and adhoc's mode on Atheros cards.

From: Daniel Dvorak <dandee_at_hellteam.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:21:09 +0200
Hello all,

who use wireless stuff of FreeBSD and others. :)

Have you tested and compared the infrastructure mode and the adhoc mode
anybody ?

We have 2 servers with 681 m distance. Wireless signal is about avg. RSSI
20-22 on both site.

We use on one site hostap and on the second site client, of course. Rate is
a sample rate.

The maximum bandwidth is about 1,2 MB/s in one direction.

Problem:

If we switch cards to adhoc mode on both site the speed is 10 times slower.
Nothing else has changed.

Has anybody come accross with it in the past or nowadays ?

Thank you for your attention.

Dan

P.S.: Of cource, I could provide more information if it is needed.