Re: wpa_supplicant + open APs

From: Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:10:41 +0200
On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 08:46 -0500, Eric Schuele wrote:
> Stefan Ehmann wrote:
> > I'm using the if_iwi driver. At home I'm using WPA, at work there's an
> > open AP. I want to use wpa_supplicant for both, so I don't need to edit
> > configs each time I switch locations.
> >
> > wpa_supplicant works fine with the WPA setup but fails to associate with
> > the open AP.
> I can get it working with both WPA-PSK and open sites.  Does your office
> hide the ssid?  if so try scan_ssid=1.

No, ssid is not hidden.

If you bring the hidden ssid topic up:
damien recently added support for hidden ssid. I tried it and it works
with open APs (without wpa_supplicant). No luck with WPA though.

> [OT]
> My problem is I can't get WEP to work.  You?
Last time I tried, I couldn't get wpa_supplicant working with WEP but
that was quite some time ago.

--
Stefan