Re: HEADS UP: socket and pcb reference changes entering tree today

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 23:37:21 +0100 (BST)
On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006, Robert Watson wrote:
>
>> You get to experience the above in the order presented. :-)  I will send
>> out a follow-up e-mail once the merges have stopped and/or slowed down,
>> which will be later today sometime.
>
> This e-mail is to let you know that the commit spree is over for the day,
> with no remaining changes in the rwatson_sockref branch.
>
> There are likely bugs.  You may find them.  If you do, please e-mail bug
> reports, ideally including any panic messages, stack traces, reproduction
> cases, etc, to current_at_, and I will try to get to them as quickly as
> possible.

OK, so it's been >24 hours since this was committed, and I've not received any
bug reports yet.  This means once of three things:

(1) There are no bugs.

(2) I've broken everyone's systems so badly they can't submit bug reports.

(3) Everyone is waiting for everyone else to upgrade due to the advance notice
     of instability.

I consider (1) highly likely, (2) a property of 1990's development and we've
left that time since most people have multiple machines now, and (3) much more
likely.

Please help test these changes!  I leave for a trip to the US on Thursday, and
I'd rather get things working before I leave than while on travel, it will
save a lot of hassle for everyone.

And if you're reading this after spending 48 hours getting your systems
working again to the point where you can read e-mail, sorry :-).

Robert N M Watson