Re: HEADS UP: socket and pcb reference changes entering tree today

From: John Birrell <jb_at_cimlogic.com.au>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 23:00:12 +0000
On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 11:37:21PM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:
> OK, so it's been >24 hours since this was committed, and I've not received
> any bug reports yet.  This means once of three things:
>
> (1) There are no bugs.
>
> (2) I've broken everyone's systems so badly they can't submit bug reports.
>
> (3) Everyone is waiting for everyone else to upgrade due to the advance
> notice
>     of instability.
>
> I consider (1) highly likely, (2) a property of 1990's development and
> we've left that time since most people have multiple machines now, and (3)
> much more likely.
>
> Please help test these changes!  I leave for a trip to the US on Thursday,
> and I'd rather get things working before I leave than while on travel, it
> will save a lot of hassle for everyone.
>
> And if you're reading this after spending 48 hours getting your systems
> working again to the point where you can read e-mail, sorry :-).

I've just updated a current system which also serves as a (socket based) backup
system for a remotely hosted web site with LOTS of file updates. The update went
without a hitch and the system seems to work fine AFAICT.

I guess that sounds like a bit of an anti-climax, but there really isn't anything to
report. Sorry. 8-)

Perhaps I just don't know what to look for. Shrug.

--
John Birrell