Re: Some Linux Applications Have Been on Strike

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:47:12 +0200
Quoting Intron is my alias in the Internet <mag_at_intron.ac> (from Thu,
17 Aug 2006 07:53:48 +0800):

> Some Linux applications have been on strike against new Linuxolator
> (sysctl compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16) and new ports (linux_base-fc-4_7
> and linux-xorg-libs-6.8.2_5).
>
> Mozilla 1.7.12
> Firefox 1.0.7

Great! 2 Open Source applications which exhibit the bugs. Now Roman
can compile a debug version of one of them and try to track down where
it breaks. Thanks for the report!

> Adobe Reader 7.0.8

But not for all PDF files. I have some files which work just fine, and
some files which immediatly trigger the bug. Starting acroread without
any filename on the command line worked just fine every time for me.

> At the same time, Firefox 1.5.0.6 goes out on strike from time to time.

Roman reported to me it works for him. Can you please provided use
cases where it doesn't work?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
We are not loved by our friends for what we are;
rather, we are loved in spite of what we are.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137