Re: Linuxulator: syscall statfs64 not implemented?

From: Boris Samorodov <bsam_at_ipt.ru>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:20:36 +0400
CCing to Roman as he may be interested.

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 14:02:50 -0400 Paul Mather wrote:

> Since updating my -CURRENT system circa 16th August I'm getting an error
> like this when my daily Tivoli backup runs:

> Aug 20 02:18:50 zappa kernel: linux: pid 768 (dsmc): syscall statfs64 not implemented

Thanks for the report. I think Roman knows what to do. ;-)

> I don't know whether this is a -CURRENT problem or a problem with
> linux_base-fc4, but I lean towards the former because the same nightly
> backup setup I'm running on a 6.1-STABLE system runs without problems.

The issue belongs only to -CURRENT.

> I recall a discussion about merging Linux 2.6 kernel support into HEAD
> around the time I updated.  Could this be related to that?  Here is what
> I have for my Linux compat sysctls:

> compat.linux.oss_version: 198144
> compat.linux.osrelease: 2.4.2
> compat.linux.osname: Linux

This is related to the latest changes at linux emulation code, but not
related to 2.6 Linux support (as you see, the default is 2.4).

BTW, which platform do you use? (i.e. uname -srm)

> Is anyone else having this "syscall statfs64 not implemented" problem?

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve