Re: ddb(4) spoils kernel stack in CURRENT?

From: Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 13:18:39 +0200 (EET)
Hello!

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Dmitry Pryanishnikov wrote:
> I've tried to repeat this under the RELENG_6 as of 30-Oct (just removing
> kernel options COMPAT_43TTY, COMPAT_FREEBSD6, INVARIANTS, INVARIANT_SUPPORT,
> and using 'debug.kdb.enter' instead of 'debug.kdb.panic') - and kgdb unwinds
> the stack even if the dump got via typing 'panic' from ddb:

   Today I've tried this with the fresh (20-Dec) RELENG_6 and with INVARIANTS*
(so the only difference between kernel configs are CURRENT-only options
COMPAT_43TTY and COMPAT_FREEBSD6). No differences - kgdb successfully
unwinds the stack under RELENG_6. It seems that the following stands:

> So it looks like a regression in CURRENT vs RELENG_6 (either ddb 'spoils' the
> stack somehow, or kgdb fails to unwind it).

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua