A stuck system

From: Randall Stewart <rrs_at_cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 06:35:05 -0500
All:

Ok my P4D machine is sitting hung... its in that
state I mentioned previously.

It will not respond to network input on the em0 card... i.e.
it won't answer pings..

I have not tried the new msk0 device... its not configured up :-(

Now, I know from past experience if I hit any key... it will
start up again.. give out various warnings and timeouts.. sometimes
a "clock ran backwards".. possibly.. and then
start working fine again..

Is there anything I can try to get some information so we can
figure whats going on...

It could be a hardware problem... don't know... but
it might not be.. it does look like a lost interupt... but
thats just a stab in the dark guess..

Suggestions on anything I can try to get info would be welcome.

I can do a kernel dump of course but by the time I get ctl-alt-esc
in.. the machine will be running not in the hung state :-(

thoughts anyone ??

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 803-317-4952 (cell)