HEADS UP: Audit integration into CVS in progress, some tree disruption

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:15:50 +0000 (GMT)
As Wayne and I are in the process of merging the TrustedBSD audit3 branch
contents into the FreeBSD CVS HEAD (7-CURRENT), there may be periods where the
tree is (hopefully briefly) unbuildable.  This integration process will take a
couple of days to complete, due to the scope of the changes.  So far, the
kernel audit framework has been committed (src/sys/security/audit), as has an
initial vendor import of OpenBSM for user space (src/contrib/openbsm).  What
remains to be committed are the substantial changes to gather audit data in
system calls, the mappings of system calls to audit events, and integration
into the user space build and user space applications (such as login).  These
bits are the trickier bits as the patches are large and touch a lot of parts
of the tree.

I'll send out follow-up e-mail once the worst is past, along with information
on what it all means, and how to try it out (for those not already on
trustedbsd-audit, who have been hearing about this for a while).

Robert N M Watson