panic: mutex Giant not owned at sys/kern/vfs_subr.c: 2029

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 21:20:46 -0800
Howdy,

I got the panic listed above with a -current system built on 2/2. Looks like
Jeff added the following to that line on 2/1:

        VFS_ASSERT_GIANT(vp->v_mount);

I tried to get the kernel to dump, but all it did was spin the disk for
about 30 minutes, so I gave up. When I rebooted, savecore didn't show
anything. The system was idle at the time it panicked.

Sorry to be so vague, but I hope this is useful.

Doug