Re: panic: Memory modified after free

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 00:23:39 -0600
On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 10:15:56PM -0800 I heard the voice of
Steve Kargl, and lo! it spake thus:

> However, I'll look into the DIMM timing issues because I have been
> experiencing some lock-ups (not panics) when my system is under
> heavy load.  I've tested the memory with memtest86+ more than once,
> and it appears to be good.

I've got a Tyan Thunder K7 (S2462) that had weird issues of falling
over under various sorts of load unpredictably, without a hint (just
cycling; no panic or anything).  It would go a few days without dying,
but a big compile, or playing a DVD, were 2 things I could count on to
blow it up sooner or later.  It turned out that I had the memory in
slots 4 and 2, instead of 1 and 3; since that swap, it's been rock
solid.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net