Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/em if_em.c if_em.h

From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:50:27 +0300
  Harald,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 05:30:34PM +0100, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
H> Thanks for your work, I saw that you merged the VLAN code some time ago to
H> RELENG_6. Is there any chance that the taskqueue code and then the new em
H> code will make it into 6.1?
H> I'd really love to see my em's shifting more than 130mbit/s with ftp... ;)

This is question to Scott, not to me. AFAIK, Scott has plans to merge
taskqueue code to RELENG_6 before release, but he is busy with other tasks.

JFYI, I have a router on 6.0-STABLE, where I have merged all Scott's commits
to taskqueue and I'm using this new taskqueue API to run pf(4) periodic
tasks out of swi5 context. So the new taskqueue works fine on RELENG_6.
However, straight merge is not acceptable since old API should be left
too, for compatibility.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE