MFC of "Unbreak Promise SATAII/150 controllers" ?

From: Thierry Herbelot <thierry_at_herbelot.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:05:24 +0100
Hello,

My main server runs Releng-6 and has SATA disks driven by a Promise SATA
controller.

Recent releng-6 kernels (6.1-Beta) lose access to the disks with messages
like :
ad10: req=0xc2771e10 SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE semaphore timeout !! DANGER
Will Robinson !!
(the disks themselves are new and have been checked recently : they have been
converted to a g_mirror setup).

After searching in cvs archives, I have found this commit for -Current :
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2006-February/059647.html

  Modified files:
    sys/dev/ata          ata-all.c ata-all.h ata-chipset.c
  Log:
  Unbreak Promise SATAII/150 controllers caused by the DMA dump changes.

a quick check with a recent (yesterday's) -current kernel (running in the
place of releng_6) seems to show that -current is fixed (at least a 'ls
-lR /big_part' runs as expected).

Is there any plan to MFC this commit ?

	Cheers

	TfH