attaching a keyboard later

From: Oliver Lehmann <lehmann_at_ans-netz.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 11:31:20 +0100
Hi,

back in the 3.x days It was possible to attach a keyboard later to a
system after it was booted up and having it working. If I'm not mistaken
this was possible via a boot(8) switch. I can't find a switch in the man
page which reads like it does that now. Can someone tell me if it is still
possible and maybe what to do?
I know that this is sth. you shouldn't do since PS/2 isn't "Plug&Play" but
I don't want to attach a keyboard to each system I've running (I even
don't have so much keyboards). I only need this in case the system got
some problems like my swapper was telling me sth. this night on console
but I was unable to find out more since the only thing which worked via
network was ping.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/