lost /dev/agpgart , X11 confused.

From: Ted Faber <faber_at_ISI.EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:34:06 -0800
On -CURRENT as of today, and a rebuild today of the xorg-server-6.8.2_7
package against the new source, my Xserver won't allocate many video
modes because it can't open /dev/agpgart to allocate memory.  The video
card is an Intel I810 - 865G chipset.

On the new kernel neither the /dev/agpgart nor a /dev/vgapci devide
appears (which seems to be hinted at in the comments to the most recent
change to /sys/pci/agp_i810.c from the CVS tree).  I've attached a
verbose dmesg from the kernel recent -CURRENT kernel.

Anyone else having a similar problem or know what I'm doing wrong?  I'm
happy to test patches or provide more info.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc