.PATH-problem [was Re: make or kmod.mk broken]

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:03:32 +0100
On Saturday 14 January 2006 18:08, Hartmut Brandt wrote:
> Max Laier wrote:
> >On a related question:  How can I get the actual location of a file that
> > is in .PATH?  All I could come up with was ${.ALLSRC:M*${MY_FILE}} which
> > doesn't work as I am explaining here.
>
> M*$(MY_FILE) would also match 'foobar'  if MY_FILE is 'bar' which is
> probably not what you want.
> .IMPSRC might be what you want if you talk about an implicite rule.

What I am trying to do is parse a list of "filename:shortname"-objects.  This
is to support easy building of firmware modules.  If things work as I want
them to you can build a firmware module with a two line Makefile:

| KMOD=somefirmware
| FIRMWS=firmfile1.fw:somename1 firmfile2.fw:somename2

and it works if the firmfiles are in the same directory, but if they are
in .PATH it fails.  I was looking at .IMPSRC initially as well, but failed to
understand the concept :-\ ... any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

My current hack is attached, the complete thing is in perforce
at //depot/user/mlaier/firmware/...

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | mlaier_at_EFnet