Re: FreeBSD on Intel Macs?

From: David Leimbach <leimy2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:37:59 -0800
On 1/14/06, Tim Kientzle <kientzle_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> >>iMac, download the EFI spec from www.intel.com, open up the existing
> >
> > For the lazy / impatient / bad searchers:
> > http://www.intel.com/technology/efi/
>
> On a related note, anyone know about any VMWare or Xen or other similar
> virtual machine environment for Mac/Intel?  (FreeBSD on Virtual PC on
> Rosetta sounds very scary... ;-(

I have heard but can't find an official press release that VMWare is wanting
to support the Mac OS X platform as a host platform.  I see no roadmap
information about how this will be done.

QEMU can be accelerated with a kqemu module that so far works on both
FreeBSD and Linux pretty well, but it's no substitute for Xen yet as far as
I can tell.  Being able to use the VT hardware on the intel may change all
of that however, but then there is still the need to port it over to mac os
x.

Isn't there an Intel version of Virtual PC for Windows as a host?  I've
never really looked into it much I guess.

Dave

Tim