Re: the errors when updating FreeBSD from 6.0-RELEASE to 7.0-CURRENT

From: Bill Xu <list_at_billxu.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 16:52:42 +0800
Dear Arseny,

Thanks for your advice, and I didn't try to run make installkernel in
the single user mode, but as the indication in /usr/src/Makefile, I can
run it in the multiuser stat. So I think this is a small bug for FreeBSD
CURRENT, and should be write in the UPDATING.

Cheers,
Bill Xu

# For individuals wanting to upgrade their sources (even if only a
# delta of a few days):
#
#  1.  `cd /usr/src'       (or to the directory containing your source
tree).
#  2.  `make buildworld'
#  3.  `make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE'     (default is
GENERIC).
#  4.  `make installkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE'   (default is
GENERIC).
#       [steps 3. & 4. can be combined by using the "kernel" target]
#  5.  `reboot'        (in single user mode: boot -s from the loader
prompt).
#  6.  `mergemaster -p'
#  7.  `make installworld'
#  8.  `make delete-old'
#  9.  `mergemaster'
# 10.  `reboot'
# 11.  `make delete-old-libs' (in case no 3rd party program uses them
anymore)

在 2006-06-27二的 05:54 +0400,Arseny Nasokin写道: