Re: panic while playing with a ugen

From: Thierry Herbelot <thierry_at_herbelot.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 06:25:34 +0200
Le Thursday 1 June 2006 01:30, Anish Mistry a écrit :
> On Wednesday 31 May 2006 18:42, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
> > the panic occured when closing one endpoint of a ugen device (the
> > device was disconnecting from the USB bus after being reseted).
>
> I haven't seen this particular panic with ugen before.
> Try the patch in PR: usb/97271.  If you've got a test program and
> instructions that can reproduce this panic after applying that patch
> let me know.
>
> Thanks,

will do (ASAP)

from a very summary reading of the patch, it seems that the panic I saw is a
deeper FreeBSD problem, where a si_devsw may have correctly been emptied as
the underlying physical object has been unplugged, and still some code is
blindly unreferencing the structure and its members (to be confirmed).

	TfH