Re: resume changes, please test

From: Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:06:00 +0200
On Saturday 10 June 2006 19:43, Nate Lawson wrote:
> I've committed some overall minor changes to the resume assembly code as
> a result of a code review.  Please test to be sure nothing was broken,
> and perhaps something got improved along the way.
>
> Now there is also a tunable/sysctl "debug.acpi.resume_beep".  Setting it
> to 1 will beep the pc speaker very early in resume so we can figure out
> if hangs on resume are a driver or acpi problem.

Just updated my Toshiba M30X notebook.

With old kernel (probably some weeks old):
Resume worked, most of the time I had to press Fn+F5 to switch back to X.
Otherwise worked fine.
(Fn+F5 switches between TFT and external monitor normally)

Kernel from today:
If in X, resume works fine (Don't have to press Fn+F5 to get back to X).

But console is strange. Normally the console uses the whole screen, after
resume it takes maybe half of the screen (a small region in the middle of the
screen is used).

If I suspend while in console, resume basically works but I can't see anything
on the display. I can still ssh to the notebook.