Re: System will not shutdown with modem card inserted

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 17:36:55 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <20060611004838.B7F8A45043_at_ptavv.es.net>
            "Kevin Oberman" <oberman_at_es.net> writes:
: I just noticed this, but it may have been going on for some time as I
: had never plugged a PCMCIA card into this system until yesterday.
:
: When I shut down the system with my Simple Tsch modem card inserted, the
: system will not power off or reboot with shutdown(8). It just sits there
: after the "uptime" message.
:
: The system is an IBM T43 running current as of today. The card is a
: "Simple Technology 28.8 Communicator". Nothing special about my
: configuration. Config available on request, but it's pretty
: uninteresting. Here is the message I receive when the card is inserted:
: pccard0: Allocation failed for cfe 32
: sio4: <Simple Technology 28.8 Communicator> at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 11 function 0 config 33 on pccard0
: sio4: type 16550A
: sio4: [GIANT-LOCKED]
: sio4: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode
:
: That's about it. I realize that there is a serious lack of data on this.

Any idea when this started to happen?

Warner