Re: Kernel Panic

From: Lars Engels <lars.engels_at_0x20.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:29:39 +0200
On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 09:57:50PM +0200, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
> Lars Engels wrote:
> > Unfortunately no. It is a notebook without serial ports. It has a
> > IEE1394 Port which could be used with DDB but I don't have a second box
> > with Firewire.
> > I also have a new kernel dump which shows gkrellm as current process.
> > Can it still be a bug in sysctl? current process. Can it still be a bug
> > in sysctl?
>
> Could very well be, I also encountered two or three panics on RELENG_6
> after running 'sysctl -a', sadly no backtraces available.

I suppose that gkrellm gets its information with sysctl and that this
can cause the panic.

> This only happend though, after I plugged and unplugged some USB
> devices. Perhaps I'll find some time to investigate these panics.

No USB devices connected here...

Now I built a new kernel with KDB and DDB, got another panic but no
crashdump. Am I missing something to use DDB? Or is DDB remote-only?
I attached the output of boot -v and my kernel config, perhaps that
can help.

--
Lars Engels
E-Mail: lars.engels_at_0x20.net