Re: HEADS-UP: removed COMPAT_43 from GENERIC (and other configs)

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:12:42 +0200
Quoting Steven Hartland <killing_at_multiplay.co.uk> (from Thu, 15 Jun
2006 22:50:52 +0100):

> Divacky Roman wrote:
>> thank you alexander!
>>
>> just a note... COMPAT_43 removal gives a huge improvement in gepid()
>> performance and also kris reported that some highly contested mutexes
>> are less contested without COMPAT_43, so its great to finally have
>> this removed.
>
> Interesting is this also viable in 6.1 / 5.4 or has additional
> work been done to make this possible?

There was work done in the linuxolator to make this possible. There
was also some work done in the TTY code, to seperate COMPAT_43TTY and
COMPAT_43. I don't know if this is already done in 5.4 or 6.1. If
there exists COMPAT_43TTY and you don't need the linuxolator, you can
give it a try.

Removing COMPAT_43TTY will break some ports according to phk.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen