Re: DTrace for FreeBSD - Status Update

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:58:15 +1000
On Thu, 2006-May-25 19:53:46 +0000, John Birrell wrote:
>On the build side, the CTF tools are threaded and I am building them as
>bootstrap tools because they are required to add the CTF data to objects
>and programs during a buildworld.

ctfmerge uses an undefined function getpagesizes().  This appears to
be hidden if you don't have CFLAGS=-O because the function calling
getpagesizes() - bigheap() - is itself static and only referenced via
"#pragma init(bigheap)" which doesn't appear to be supported by gcc.

bigheap()'s only purpose appears to be to align the heap to the largest
page size.  I'm not sure why this is being done and the side-effect of
failing to do so.

--
Peter Jeremy