Re: Unicode (was Re: Updating ncurses in base)

From: Thomas Dickey <dickey_at_radix.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:47:21 -0400
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 08:21:09PM -0500, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 08:58:49PM -0400 I heard the voice of
> Thomas Dickey, and lo! it spake thus:
> > xterm also has optional width-tables which may be helpful:
>
> Is this something we should look at (given the above), or is it more a
> workaround for the problem that patch solves?

I think the latter - my understanding of the patch is that it applies to
system tables that xterm would generally use.  At runtime, xterm does a
quick check comparing its builtin tables to the system, and defaults to
the system tables if they're "close" (allows for the assumption that
the system tables might be more accurate).   If the given resource is set,
xterm just uses its own tables.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net