Re: sio(4) should on probe return BUS_PROBE_GENERIC

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:28:25 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <200606271232.k5RCWqV4042089_at_pinky.frank-behrens.de>
            "Frank Behrens" <frank_at_pinky.sax.de> writes:
: Dear FreeBSD experts and committers,
:
: I would like to direct your attention to a PR again, because I believe between 6.1 and 6.2
: release you have time to read this mail ;-)
:
: I plan to public release my EIB driver as a port, but it does not run yet on an unpatched
: system. So solve this problem I created a PR several months ago:
: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=87845
:
: Discussion about the topic was already in
: http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?200510210835.j9L8Zn2P001846
: http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20051022.103242.98606517.imp
: and referenced messages, but nothing was changed in sio driver.
:
: Now I ask for information:
: Is it possible to commit this changes? I have been using this patch on RELENG_6 since Aug-
: 2005 without problems. I would like to have this (or equivalent) patch commited in CURRENT
: and MFCed to RELENG_6 before 6.2-release.
: If there are objections against this patch how should I solve my problem?

I think you are right.  A quick audit seems to indicate that while sio
sets stuff in its probe routine, it is all re-set in the attach
routine.  A more complete audit might reveal something else...

Warner