style(9) question

From: Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:06:31 +0200 (EET)
Hello!

   I apologize for asking here my question (it should belong to -questions,
but the most developers are available here, and I just hope it won't hurt).
What's the historical reason of the following style(9) advise:

 	Values in return statements should be enclosed in parentheses.

What's the rationale of this? From time to time I see small commits
just changing "return foo;" -> "return (foo);". I think the first form
is quite natural and not ambiguous. Shouldn't we remove this advise from
style(9)?

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator