Re: VESA Framebuffer

From: Dale DuRose <mafiageek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:51:22 +1300
> I need a VESA linair Framebuffer device eg /dev/vfb or something like
> that. with both read and write access and ioctl interface for changing
> the screen resolution and other functions.
>
> I need this for a window system i'm working on, also i dont like like
> linux to develop as much.

I need to go back to school and learn how to spell and practices my grammar.

Anyway this is all great help.

More info on the my window system project, well the aim is to create a
multimedia window system ( i think that's the best way to put that).
With sound (based on OSS), video(2D,3D,special api for DVD play back
etc), human devices(joystick and things) and standard toolkit for GUI
APIs. Basically a full human interface in one package design for every
day users to use.

And this is a huge undertaking.

~ Dale