FreeBSD nss, getgroupmembership(3)

From: Frode Nordahl <frode_at_nordahl.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 22:45:42 +0100
Hello,

I have been playing around with nss and libc this weekend to find
ways to make nss_ldap work more efficiently by coupling getgrouplist
(3) with _nss_ldap_initgroups_dyn.

I discovered that making getgrouplist(3) play with nss was impossible
without creating a new API.

By coincidence I found that NetBSD has created the infrastructure
needed to make this a reallity allready! In NetBSD getgrouplist(3) is
now a front-end for getgroupmembership(3).

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-userlevel/2004/12/01/0001.html

Is there any chance for FreeBSD to get an updated import of NSS from
NetBSD anytime soon? :-)

Frode Nordahl
frode_at_nordahl.net